- fixed issue with broken vertical align after orientation was changed and back
- default value for CHECK_ORIENTATION_INTERVAL changed at 200 ms
- gallery list view now is enlarged to whole iPhone screen
- jaipho css - new selector #gallery-list, changed selector .splash-screen
- html template - both templates (index and list) are changed a bit
This summer I released WPJaipho plugin which enables easy Jaipho integration into WordPress. As you probably know, WordPress is the most popular blogging platform. Making a Wordpress plugin was very exciting and I'm looking forward for next WPJaipho releases. I simply felt in love with WordPress. About WPJaipho you can read more at www.jaipho.com/wpjaipho
The productivity continued at Autumn too, so I'm presenting to you a Jaipho 0.60 which supports Android devices too. Actually, it should work on all smartphones, but it is tested only with iPhone and several Android devices.
- dynamic size - instead of css hardcoded sizes, Jaipho determines the size automatically.
There is no need for -ipad.css files for iPad support. This feature also makes possible to
run Jaipho smoothly on Android devices. Actually now it is possible to run Jaipho on all modern
browsers, no matter of device it is behind, including desktop ones.
- minor fixes and improovements
Let's say that you want to change thumbnails size from 75px to 150px for iPad. Right now you can accomplish it in two easy steps (bellow), but in the future it should be configurable.
This version implements the smooth scroll feature as described in http://www.jaipho.com/content/smoother-scroll-jaipho article. Just for reminder, css translation used for image scroll is now switched to its 3d variant which relies on iPhone 3d graphic processor.
But there is one more, also cool, feature - sticky finger effect (not sure if this is a right name for it). When you move your finger on the screen, the image follows it.
Now it really begins to look like native app.
- animation is performed with css 3d translations, which is much smoother
- simplified slider table structure - no spacers and dummy.gif
- css slightly changed - removed now deprecated css selectors for slider table
- added sticky finger feature on image slider
I was never happy with the smoothness of image scrolling in Jaipho. But the current engine was usable enough, so I was holding the issue to be solved in some better times.
After iPhone 4 was released, I was surprised with bad performance on it too. iOS 4.2 update made things even worse. Image scrolling on iPhone 4 is worse than on any other iPhone!
Recently I started to work on Jaipho 1.0 which should be out in September or October, and the smooth scrolling was one of the first issues to start with.
At last, here is the version which works on iPad too. Although iPad is released few months ago, I think it was worth of waiting because there are few another cool features which were many times requested through contact form or comments on articles.
Let's see them one by one.
- added jaipho-ipad.css which contains iPad screen size values
- navi button images are defined in css (was defined in html)
- added list.html with template for listing galleries
- distributed with two templates: Default and iUI